Eat-This!
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2019, 06:27:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Now with more modes in the gather!
Forum Stats
1,979 Posts in 283 Topics by 172 Members
Latest Member: Barbarabiz
Home Help Search Login Register
Eat-This!  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  C Teams
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: C Teams  (Read 1671 times)
m1tja

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2013, 03:41:54 pm »

Well I come up with an idea to ADD captain way of chosing teams.What captain actually means I will explain it in an example:

For example that 6 players decide to play captain gather. Among those 6 2 players will be randomy picked as captains and they will need to pick among other 4 players. Alpha C will pick first than B second and third and the last one picking will be alpha again.

If 8 players play than it would be like A1 B2,3 A4,5 B6

I can maybe provide the scripts necessary for this .
Falcon
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:06:25 pm »

Leo's community had (has?) such option in their gatherbot, it didn't work well, so far at least.
KamiquasiSteve
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »

One thing about it is that you get very highschool phys.ed.-esque situations.  I.E. who wants to be the person who's never picked and always get automatically assigned the last remaining slot c.q. end up being picked by them?  Yeah, maybe they're the worst player, or maybe they're just the least liked - but it's not very inclusive and doesn't particularly help that player or team dynamics (hell, the only reason schools use it is for the purpose of figuring out which kids are not team players, which kids seem to be the putzes, which kids are inclusive, etc.  but we're not a school).

I'm not opposed to it - and it's probably easy enough to add.  I don't know how popular it would be, though... probably on par with omgwtf ;)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea
Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.