Eat-This!
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2019, 05:52:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Join #Soldat.Eat-This! at irc.QuakeNet.org !
Forum Stats
1,979 Posts in 283 Topics by 172 Members
Latest Member: Barbarabiz
Home Help Search Login Register
Eat-This!  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Realistic UNITED!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Realistic UNITED!  (Read 3722 times)
nosejj
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2013, 12:59:10 pm »

Hello there everyone,
If you do not know me and wondering how all of a sudden I 'marched' into your Realistic community, I'm also known as nosejj and I'm more of a CTF player and I'm around for 10 years.

Lately, I've noticed (as I'm sure everyone did) that Soldat has no Realistic CTF Gather of some sorts or even a channel that isn't dead.
I decided to collect a little pack of people and make this thing happen. So first of all, we had to get a servers host, and get idlers.
Additionally, do a lot of advertisement work to make people acknowledged and support the fact that we're trying to re-create a community here.
We got us an amazing coder, Grishnak, who did an awesome job with our bot and constantly updated. Alongside him there's aveh who constantly works with Grishnak on improving the bot and fixing bugs.

Why am I telling you all this?:
What I do want to speak about is the present and the future. The current situation of Realistic game-mode can be summed up pretty quickly:
scattered sub-gamemodes with (pretty much) low-activity small niches communities (not trying to offend anyone here, just a speculation) ie: RCTF / RSCS / TTW.
Meaning even if we already have a gather running, sometimes it's so hard to fill it mainly because there aren't enough people and the advertisement isn't gaining speed as much, or there's no advertisements at all.

So, getting to the point, Mittsu and I have been discussing lately the option of creating one big "Realistic United".

What does that actually mean?:
A) Merge all admin teams together
Of course, in a way that will keep the community's habits and powers under a continuous line of work.
Taking head admins of each community and making them heads of Realistic United, and of course also designated admins for each community.

Looks something like this:
Global Administration Aimless, aveh, Mittsu, TTWSomeone (I don't know who's your head-guy)
RCTF Majoman, McWise, universal
RS/CS Cosa, Meku
TTW BombSki, Falcon, Kamiquasi, Spkka, TheOne, tk
Technicians Grishnak & aveh

* Mittsu is still an RS/CS Admin of course, and on and on...

B) One place (IRC & Forums)
• Making it easier and more comfortable for the Realistic players to stick around one place.
• A huge chance for advertisement, for example we attract a player who likes RCTF, he might try RS/CS and TTW.
• A bigger communal environment with topics unrelated to Soldat and a chance to meet more realistic players.
• All important posts are welcome to be transferred from current existing boards to new ones.
• As mentioned in A, all admin rights are reserved from current admin position in the specific community.
• A chance for more people to be interested in developing the gameplay by creating maps, etc.

* Needless to say, #Soldat.Eat-This! will keep its amazing bot with all the proper credits.

C) Greater activity
• Increasement in events quantity.
• More possible clans and even friendly clan wars

I will sum up saying that I know it's way more comfortable to stay without change, 'cause change is a 'scary' thing.
But think of all the potential this has to success, and if it doesn't things can always go back to the way there were (although I see no reason it wouldn't work).

Would appreciate constructive opinions,
Cheers folks.
Falcon
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 02:37:22 pm »

No. You're trying to do a job that's pretty much already done. If you want to gather "everyone" in context of realistic, then ask jrgp or FLAB to make you a dedicated subforum or category on soldat forums. This way you not only have a place for everyone from realistic, but also the activity might be noticed by non-realistic guys or even gone-but-still-on-forums guys.
nosejj
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this job is already 'done'.
Soldat Forums are just as dead, and SCTFL which is the most active won't host a gather.
However players from non-realistic aren't really interested 95% of the times unfortunately.

I don't think TTW or RSCS could gain popularity from anything else but the basic of it, which is Realistic mode by itself.
Falcon
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 04:37:21 pm »

Soldat Forums are just as dead
really?

SCTFL which is the most active won't host a gather.
I'm sorry, i was thinking about it only forum-wise. Of course, a dedicated IRC channel with dedicated gather bot would be just fine, but still it doesn't need that whole "multi admin" approach. Although it might not be seen well on #soldat.eat-this!, i tend to be pretty minimalistic about that stuff, aka who gets voice, who gets op and so on. But that's just me.

Dedicated forum first of all requires hosting, which i guess isn't a problem but secondly it makes another split up. Category on soldat forums would simply make us stick together with whole the rest of community.

However players from non-realistic aren't really interested 95% of the times unfortunately.
5% is still worth it IMO.

I don't think TTW or RSCS could gain popularity from anything else but the basic of it, which is Realistic mode by itself.
AFAIK we've got some of our players from the dark side of normal mode. Ask around on our channel to find out more about this.
nosejj
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 05:25:43 pm »

Most of the problems raised so far are fairly technical.
• Under my terms of activity, Soldat Forums is pretty dead.
• The administration approach of keeping current rights is just to make everyone feel comfortable.
• I and Mittsu are currently working on the forums, next week we'll get a better host for it. But we already began setting it up.
• I say let's begin with picking up the pieces from the current 'coma'-community, instead of trying to attract public and non-realistic players. That's two steps ahead of us.
Falcon
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 06:07:54 pm »

Well, if soldat forums is dead then your forum is super dead, don't you think?
You see, problem with your forum is that you'll have to make everyone register there, and you're willing that first, that'll happen and 2nd, it'll be more active than The Dead Soldat Forums, which i can predict for you: this won't happen. You're trying to attract a subset of soldat forums members, how's that subset gonna be more active than it's super set?
Seriously, besides your point that it's dead, and even if we assume it is, i see nothing against reusing a dead place, what's your problem against soldat forums realistic subforum/category? Because my problem about new realistic dedicated forum is that i'll have to register there and check it out separately on daily basis, which seems inconvenient.
nosejj
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »

Hello everyone,

For those of you who haven't heard about #Realistic, it is a new gather channel, mainly for Realistic CTF gathers (at the moment). A great effort's been made by our many admins to bring you fine quality gather channel and a new home to the realistic.

A part of our effort to re-build a community around the "Realistic" game-mode (and it's vast sub-gamemodes RCTF, R/S, RS/CS, TTW), included a merge with the community of RS/CS that's administrated by Mittsu, Meku and Cosa. We built new forums and we're hoping you guys will make it just as active as SCTFL and maybe even more.

Our current plans:
• Completing our gather-bot by adding essential features and constantly maintaining it.
• Provide all the necassary guides / important topics & implement threads from cssoldatcenter.
• Have an R/S and RS/CS gathers option.

» Forums: www.realisticunited.pw
» IRC Channel:  #Realistic (#Realistic @ QNet)
» #Realistic Public [by PKS]: ( soldat://5.9.74.20:33177 )

Yours,
Realistic United Staff
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea
Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.