Eat-This!
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2019, 04:58:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Now with more modes in the gather!
Forum Stats
1,979 Posts in 283 Topics by 172 Members
Latest Member: Barbarabiz
Home Help Search Login Register
Eat-This!  |  General Category  |  Official Information  |  New forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New forum  (Read 6218 times)
BombSki
Field Marshall
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 08:32:44 pm »

So, we got a new forum. I was good enough to accidently delete the database of the old forum, and the backups too. It's a shame that all those posts/users/info was lost, but there's not much I can do about it atm. Really sorry about that..

I can only hope that it also has some positive sides. The forum was pretty much dead, perhaps this will bring back some activity.. As all the important stuff needs to be typed out again. (think the ticket/gather info, soldat clicker, server and mode info, clan info, etc)

So I'm looking for some people willing to do this.. For the moment I need someone willing to add boards and categories similar to the old setup we had. And then of course people willing to retype information, update links on the bot, etc. If there won't be people volunteering to do this, I guess reinstalling the forum was another mistake I made ^^

We are currently running a RC (5) of the latest smf (2.0) so it could be buggy.. But at least I hope the blank-page bug is gone, and the spammers too.

edit: some info can be retrieved by checking google cache.. http://www.google.pl/search?q=site%3Aeat-that.org&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:pl:official&client=firefox-a

edit2: a bit more information about why the old forum was lost:
17:15 <BombSki`> i was cleaning up some shit last night, removed a few databases from knife only and climb stuff
17:16 <BombSki`> apparently the ttw forum was on a knife only db..
17:16 <BombSki`> and recently i ran out of diskspace and must have deleted the backups i had
17:16 <BombSki`> both stupid mistakes

edit3: we also need a new logo for the new forum (which replaces http://eat-that.org/Themes/backnblack205/images/smflogo.gif )
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:20:42 pm by BombSki » Logged
BombSki
Field Marshall
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:46:57 pm »

small list that needs to be retyped:
- how to join irc (and auth + script)
- soldatclicker
- server list

- general info per mode/server
- information about tickets
- information about gathers
- tauntfile(s) for modes
- forum/irc/server rules
- ttw mapformat (how to make a map)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:46:51 pm by BombSki » Logged
TheOne
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »

Not very creative, but better than the current one: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/27629256/Icon_1.ico
(Soldier's head + helmet from Soldat's config)
BombSki
Field Marshall
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:54:11 pm »

Added it.. Was kinda looking for a replacement of the image on the top right though.
Hommunkulus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:48:06 pm »

this is just a 5 min try. if u like the general idea id invest more time in it, clean it up maybe move the letters and so on.

btw: may i suggest a "i like it" or "thumbs up" button for the forum?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:20:41 pm by Hommunkulus » Logged
BombSki
Field Marshall
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:16:03 am »

Sorry, its not really what we need, we need a banner thats the size of the original picture  (258px × 30px)

and what would those buttons do? rate forums? threads? posts? users? this forum has a lot of options that arent enabled
Hommunkulus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 12:35:58 am »

u can show ur appreciation of a post.

or with the exact pxl rate:

i realized i couldnt just mirror it because of the letters^^ of course after finalizing the gfx and without saving a non fixed gfxformat earlier. so i redid the mirrored ones.
I do like the letters on the first ones better thou,
so i came up with this:

if u like the general idea this time and picked a fav i would refine that one a bit maybe.

if u dont like it just tell me.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:35:09 am by Hommunkulus » Logged
Falcon
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 12:05:42 pm »

i'd add something about modes. We're the only community that doesn't host any pure server. Or at least only that host 7 and all modded...

but then, obviously, that bullet doesn't fit at all
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:07:14 pm by Falcon » Logged
BombSki
Field Marshall
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 12:09:16 pm »

we got a pure beta server ;)
But I kinda agree with Falcon, and Im not sure about the "fucker" in a website banner ;)

we should get some more submissions with different styles and then have a vote

edit: also the official community name is Eat This, instead of Eat That.. The domain is eat-that only because eat-this domains weren't available
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:10:57 pm by BombSki » Logged
Dr.House

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 01:39:40 pm »

Yea, "fucker" realy fuck up . It should be something friendly and nice like a "welcome" , "today is a good day" , "Bomb for the president" or "missile tag rox !!!1111"
Hommunkulus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 03:32:06 pm »

well k, i thought it was about a shooting game  8) anyway i had my reasons and i would defend em if id rlly care about the logo  ;D

so u come up with something else instead ;)
Falcon
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 05:24:26 pm »

we got a pure beta server ;)
... which we suggested to mod too

anyway i had my reasons and i would defend em if id rlly care about the logo  ;D
we already had a guy that was trying to "defend" his "reasons", it didn't end too well though
</trollsentence>

though i agree that smf logo sucks, at least in our forum's "context"
Hommunkulus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 05:38:34 pm »

what i ment by those reasons is that eat this! is an exclamation that id most likely end with FUCKER :D i found that fitting. if u dont like it, its k with me thou. + i chose the hostname cuz its weird to write an alternating name to the top, it should remind ppl where to find the forum - but oh well ;) as i said, i just wanted to make a suggestion.

maybe i will have another idea^^
HintHunter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »

ift you want i can make the new logo for you i good at drawing and making you want tell me the dimensions and what kinda pic want i will make for you. ift you let me to make i will upload on some topic and you will rate it ok!?.
I Not Chuck Norris But I can Still Kill You With Only One Arm :D
"Do You Want Part Of My Dead Body...? Come And Get IT"
Hommunkulus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 01:15:09 pm »

u said u wanted something with mods. Thats why i thought an airco strike might be cool. I like that the soldiers sees the airco coming (uh-oh) and so he basically has no chance other than dying or eating the strike ^^

this logo has the fitting height. Its wider than the original but that can be set in the smf admin panel (u have to acces style.css of this style and then modify the pixel settings for smflogo) logo space is alot higher so we could come up with something cool

also changing the style would allow a bigger logo. Im Using smf style coal black. Its pretty much this style (same background but black instead of grey) and the logo is alot bigger

u can visit the style here http://eat-that.org/wolfpack/index.php
or see more here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2334
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 04:40:34 pm by Hommunkulus » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea
Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.